by Fred Simon
These are exciting days for Continuous Integration users and for us - JFrog Artifactory team.
Following the successful CI Summit held in LinkedIn HQ last month, we are now heading to the San Jose JAX Conf!
This year, for the first time, the great European JAX conference is going to the Bay Area as JAXConf.
It will be an amazing gathering for our (JFrog) ecosystem.Many players that keep pushing the limit of Continuous Development, Build, Integration and Deployment, with their tools, knowledge and case study will be there:
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi from Cloudbees and Ken Sipe from Gradleware, are getting ready for “Jenkins & Gradle Hackathon”. It’s promising a lot of great features for Gradle and Jenkins users. We will see how our great latest Gradle-Jenkins-Artifactory plugin and clean DSL will improve your day!
- Of course Kohsuke Kawaguchi will present “Continuous Integration with Jenkins”, and it’s always a pleasure to hear and see Kohsuke express his view of CI and how Jenkins is moving the field forward.
- And Ken Sipe will be “Rocking the Gradle” and show this amazing new build tool: Gradle.
The current growth of CI and DevOps is really impressive! The demand is so big that a full afternoon will be dedicated to CI, “The CI Circus” as a free community event.
And there Carl Quinn from Netflix, will present the amazing platform they setup “Netflix in the Cloud”, using Jenkins and Artifactory!
A lot of amazing talks about Continuous Integration, DevOps tools, and automated ALM will be presented:
- “Git Going with a Distributed Version Control System!” by Matthew McCullough, Tim Berglund: The push for a VCS that can answer the need for very short cycles is very strong. Today, Git is really unlocking most of VCS bottlenecks. But it’s well known: “I know git can do it! I just don’t know how to tell it what I want!”. This full day tutorial should help with that issue.
- “Improving the technical quality of your Java project” by Alexander von Zitzewitz from Hello2morrow, will present how to keep project quality over time.
- “Managing Software from Development to Deployment in the Cloud” by Harpreet Singh, Vivek Pandey from Cloudbees: They will present the next generation platform to “build and deploy your apps in the cloud”.
And of course, I’m looking forward to present “You Killed My Build! Prepare To Die!”, were I will demo a state-of-the-art integration between Jenkins, Gradle and Artifactory. The setup support build isolation, release staging and promotion, and simplified developers on-boarding.
Hope to see you all there!